Product Development and Quality Control Assistant
Ultra Paws, a leader in innovative, proprietary dog products since 1972, is creating a new position to support its growing product development and quality control. Most of the products are made of textiles, so experience with and an understanding of various sewing procedures and pattern making is important.
Hours: Part-time flexible, Monday – Friday, during business hours 8 to 4:30 p.m.; 25 hours/week estimated. This position could grow to full-time with benefits for the right person.
Reports to: Ultra Paws President
- Develop, maintain, and organize Ultra Paws product patterns
- Develop, maintain, and organize product specification workbooks
- Work with Ultra Paws development team to cut, sew and/or assemble prototype products
- Research and identify fabric options for products
- Inspect pre-production and post-production products to ensure quality and pattern standards are met.
- a. Inspections include quality construction, pattern pieces, material specifications, and packaging.
- b. Complete and distribute inspection reports.
- 6. Track communication and sampling between Ultra Paws and suppliers
- 7. Cut materials for limited production at Ultra Paws
- 8. Other duties as assigned.
- At least five years of sewing experience
- Pattern creation and revision
- Computer aptitude – Microsoft products including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Organizational skills
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, lift, sit, and use foot controls
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds periodically, up to 20 pounds frequently
- Product Development and Quality Control Assistant
Submit a resume and/or letter outlining your experience and availability to email@example.com by May 25, 2017.