Ultra Paws® Basic Two Dog Skijor Package
VIDEO: Skijor Gear In Action!
VIDEO: One Harness Pulling A Sled
Product Review by Midwest Skijorers Club president and top winning skijor racer Jim Benson
PACKAGE INCLUDES: Hip Belt, Two Dog Tow Line, Two Dog Neck Line, and Two Harnesses (your choice of either X-Back or Adjustable One Harness):
Ultra Paws® Skijor Hip Belt:
- Ideal for skijoring, canicross, or rollerjoring.
- Patented soft quick release - once released there's no danger of metal injuring the dog or others from metal quick releases.
- Your center of gravity lowers with the belt positioned at your hips.
- Bright reflective strips at back and side straps
- Control handle at the back of the belt is handy for beginners or in the race starting chute.
- Attach the two-dog tow line to the quick release portion of the Hip Belt.
- The front belt straps extend from both sides of the belt to keep your balance when turning.
- Heavy duty snaps on the adjustable waist band.
- Tacky material covers soft padding to hold the belt on your hips without leg loops.
- Five sizes based on your hip measurements (be sure to consider your measurement including bulky clothes).
Ultra Paws® Tow Line:
- This length is ideal for Skijoring, Rollerjoring, or Canicross with one dog.
- The Tow Line is 8' (2.438 M) long before expansion and made of 1" (2.54 cm) tubular nylon with 12" (30.5 cm) of stretch shock cord inserted and sewn in the nylon to absorb sudden tension and jerks on your dog's harness.
- Includes a brass snap to attach to the back of your dog's harness with a loop at the other end to attach to your Skijor Hip Belt or a sled.
- Features a hand loop near the brass snap to shorten the Line for better control of your dog when walking or stopping.
Ultra Paws® Sliding X-Back Pulling Harness:
- The neck and chest area are covered with soft fleece.
- The "X" straps on the back adjust to conform to the shape of the dog’s back.
- Reflective strips improve visibility at night for safety.
- Decorative stitching on the neck is standard.
- Made of extremely strong, 1" (2.54 cm) wide nylon webbing that does not shrink, face or roll at stress points.
- The tug rope at the back of the harness is color coded for easy size identification if you have more than one harness.
- Black nylon webbing with black fleece or red webbing with red fleece.
OR - For hard to fit or growing dogs - choose the Patent Pending One Harness:
- Ideal for pulling in medium to light activities.
- Fully adjustable through the neck, back, chest, and belly.
- Padded through the neck, back, chest, girth and belly.
- Floating O-ring at the back makes this ideal for Skijoring - as it puts less stress on the dog's hips when pulling at an angle.
- D-rings on either side to attach tracers for carting
- Belly strap restricts the dog from backing out of the harness.
- Never leave your dog unattended while in the harness
- Size Small fits a collar of 8-14 inches and under 30 lb weight; Size Large fits a collar of 12-24 inches and 30 to 75 lb weight; Size Huge fits a collar of 20-34 inches and 75 to 120 lb weight.
- If the dog fits into a collar size in two different sizes, use the weight guide to help pick out the correct size harness.
- Available in Red; $3 will be added for the One Harness.
Harness Measurement Instructions
How to Put On a Pulling Harness
Harness Size Chart
Skijor Gear Instructions
Photos and Instructions for Adjusting the One Harness to Fit Your Dog
Detailed Illustration of the One Harness
For information on shipping methods or return and exchange policies, see the link below to FAQ:
Frequently Asked Questions